Skin can feel irritated due to various reasons like allergens, harsh chemicals, friction, infections, and environmental factors. Conditions such as eczema and psoriasis, as well as hormonal changes and stress, can also contribute to irritation. Maintaining gentle skincare practices, avoiding irritants, and keeping the skin moisturized are essential for soothing irritated skin. If irritation persists, seeking professional advice is always your best option! Try these Top Tips for helping SOOTHE your dry or irritated skin!
- Gentle Cleansing: Use a mild, fragrance-free cleanser like Calm Gentle Cleanser to clean your skin. Avoid harsh soaps or cleansers that can strip your skin’s natural oils and worsen irritation. Pat your skin dry with a soft towel rather than rubbing it…Luxe is the perfect super soft solution!
- Hydration: Keep your skin well-hydrated by applying a gentle, naturally based moisturizer like Soothe Whipped Cloud Cream. Look for products with ingredients like hyaluronic acid, glycerin, or ceramides. Applying moisturizer while your skin is slightly damp can help lock in moisture.
- Cool Compresses: To alleviate itching and redness, apply a cool compress to the affected area. You can use a clean, damp cleansing cloth or a refrigerated Refresh Pod Mask. (Limited time product!) Make sure the compress is not too cold, and don’t apply ice directly to the skin.
- Avoid Irritants: Identify and avoid any potential triggers or irritants that could be exacerbating your skin irritation. This might include certain skincare products, fragrances, or even fabrics like wool. Opt for fragrance-free products if needed.
- Oatmeal Baths: If your irritation covers a larger area, consider taking an oatmeal bath. Colloidal oatmeal can help soothe itching and inflammation. You can find oatmeal bath products or make your own by blending oatmeal into a fine powder and adding it to a warm bath.